Faculty and staff resources
We rely on our Faculty and Staff partners to help spread our message and connect us with students. Connect with us to schedule a Career Development Workshop during your class or co-curricular activity.
How else can I help?
- Have your students submit their application materials for review by a Career Professional through our Resume Dropbox.
- Share the importance of reflecting on strengths, interest, and values.
- Talk to your students about transferable skills. You can even mention them in your syllabus!
- Share your personal experience, understanding that the workforce, and workplace, are constantly evolving.
- Serve as a mentor, coach, or cheerleader as your students navigate college and the transition to the workforce or graduate school.
- Refer students to Career Development!
Career Development’s work with students is grounded in theories and research from education, human development, and industry, including: Positive Psychology (Seligman), Emotional Intelligence (Goleman), Career Chaos Theory (Bright), Identity Capital (Cote), Blended Learning/70-20-10 (Center for Creative Leadership) and Self-Authorship.
We emphasize the importance of developing identity capital from a student’s very first semester on campus through hands-on experience, developing transferable skills, and identifying one’s strengths. Career Development strives to help students prepare for a lifelong career journey, advising them on the importance of resilience and recognizing opportunities as they navigate an evolving world and job market.