- Internship resources for students
- Internship FAQs
- Find an internship
- Departmental internship contacts
Arizona Legislative dates and deadlines Accordion Closed
2023-2024 Legislative internship dates
- Application deadline September 22 by 5:00 p.m. – Submit to the University Campus
- Interviews October 3 – October 20
- Capitol interviews October 30, 31 – November 2, 3
- Internship begins January 2, 2024
- Internship ends May 3, 2024
- University of Arizona October 11 – 13
- Grand Canyon University/Embry-Riddle University: October 3
- Arizona State University October 18 – 20
- Northern Arizona University October 5 – 6
Applicants must be candidates for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at one of Arizona’s participating universities and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of application.
Candidates for a Bachelor’s degree must have at least 75 hours at the end of the fall semester prior to the internship. Individual universities may have additional eligibility requirements, please contact your university coordinator for information.
The position requires communication and writing skills, the ability to work in a team setting and self-starting independence.
Interns do not have to be political science majors or know anything about the legislative process; your supervisors will teach you everything you need to know. The most important attributes of an intern are enthusiasm, a willingness to learn through hands-on experience, and interest in the legislative process. Students from all academic disciplines are encouraged to apply.
The Washington Center academic dates and deadlines Accordion Closed
|Fall 2023||August 23, 2023*||August 28 – December 1, 2023||December 2, 2023|
|Spring 2024||January 17, 2024*||January 22 – April 26, 2024||April 27, 2024|
|Summer 2024||May 29, 2024*||June 3 – August 2, 2024||August 3, 2024|
|Fall 2024||August 28, 2024*||September 3 – December 6, 2024||December 7, 2024|
* Alternate dates for check-in may be provided by your campus liaison. If you’re not sure who your campus liaison is, email email@example.com.
|Early Deadline*||Regular Deadline|
|Spring 2024||October 4, 2023||November 1, 2023|
|Summer 2024||February 14, 2024||March 13, 2024|
|Fall 2024||March 27, 2024||April 24, 2024|
Your school may have deadlines that are earlier than the ones listed below, so we encourage you to contact your campus liaison before starting an application. If you’re not sure who your campus liaison is, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Applying by the Early Deadline gives you the chance to hear from TWC sooner and be considered for internship sites that have earlier internal timelines.
** Spots at internship sites are most highly competitive during the summer. Students looking for summer internships in law enforcement, the legal affairs and international relations fields, and at various think tanks, government agencies, embassies and museums are encouraged to submit their application in January 2024.
FALL 2023 ACADEMIC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Early Application Deadline Wednesday, March 29, 2023
- Regular Application Deadline Wednesday, April 26, 2023
- Internship Advising Begins* Monday, June 5, 2023
- Community Profile Priority Deadline Monday, June 19, 2023
- Community Profile Final Deadline Monday, July 10, 2023
- Course List Released Wednesday, July 12, 2023
- Course Registration Opens Wednesday, July 19, 2023
- Course Registration Deadline Friday, August 4, 2023
- Course Add/Drop Begins Wednesday, August 16, 2023
- Check-In Begins Wednesday, August 23, 2023
- Program Orientation Friday, August 25, 2023
- Courses Begin Monday, August 28, 2023
- Internships Begin Monday, August 28, 2023
- Course Add/Drop Ends Friday, September 1, 2023
- Internships End Friday, December 1, 2023
- Check-Out Ends Saturday, December 2, 2023
- Grades Sent to Schools Wednesday, December 13, 2023
*Participants can expect to hear from their pre-arrival advisor with information about their first advising session within 15 business days of the prescribed date.