Schedule an appointment with NAU Career Development
NAU Career Development offers five scheduled appointments types, including having your materials reviewed and requesting a workshop. All appointments can be scheduled through Handshake.
Assistance available with an appointment
Career exploration Accordion Closed
- Know what transferable skills are, provide examples of transferable skills, and identify strategies to build these skills.
- Feel confident that you are able to identify your strengths, interests, and values, and begin to connect these to potential careers.
- Feel confident in utilizing career and personality assessments to assess fit with careers and work environments.
Resume and cover letter reviews Accordion Closed
- Identify and apply principles of high-quality resume design and formatting to your own resume.
- Feel confident crafting bullet points (accomplishment statements) using strong verbs, quantifiable actions, and results.
- Feel empowered to begin crafting a compelling Summary of Qualifications targeted towards desired jobs that reflect your skills, experience, and what makes you unique.
Internship exploration and resources Accordion Closed
- Identify strengths, interests, and values, and begin to connect these to potential internships.
- Feel confident identifying reputable online internship search sites and using them to find internships.
- Identify the application materials you need to apply for internships.
Job search strategies Accordion Closed
- Feel confident about finding and using resources to match your strengths, interests, and values to various jobs.
- Identify and locate reputable online job search sites.
- Learn to use online tools, such as Glassdoor and LinkedIn, to investigate organizational culture.
Mock interviews Accordion Closed
- Use the STAR Method to identify your responses to behavioral interview questions and practice these responses.
- Identify nervous habits and replace them with professional, confident body language.
- Recognize appropriate and professional interview attire.