Who are we looking for?
Internship applicants must meet the following qualifications.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at the time of submission
- Completed a minimum of 75 credit hours by the end of the fall semester of the application period (undergraduates only)
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher (House, Senate, Supreme Court, or Governor’s Office) or a
2.5 GPA or higher (Arizona Capitol Television)
Students of all majors and campuses, including online, are encouraged to apply. Previous knowledge of the legislative process is not required. Journalism and/or electronic media experience is preferred for broadcast internships with Arizona Capitol Television.
The following documents will be required when submitting your application online through Handshake:
- Completed application
- Unofficial transcripts
- Personal statement
- Two academic or professional letters of recommendation (i.e. current/former supervisor or professor)
- Please do not include letters from colleagues, coworkers, family members, or friends.
- Letters should be signed and sent to the student to include in the application packet or can be sent directly to Emily.McCarthy@nau.edu.
- Check out these tips for asking your references!
- Current resume (Need help with your resume? Review these resources and make an appointment with a Career Development team member through Handshake)