Campus Recreation is excited to begin offering virtual fitness opportunities for the NAU community. Below you can access video, written and social content. We’re committed to offering a wide variety for all of our participants. If we don’t have something you’re looking for, let us know by sending an email at Fitness@nau.edu.
Zoom Classes Accordion Closed
We offer zoom classes for all of our members who are remote or unable to visit the recreation center. Click the link below to join the class.
- ZUMBA with Allison – Tuesday and Thursday @ 5:30pm
- A Latin based dance class that incorporates pop and hip hop as well as other international beats. Take the “work” out of workout and have fun while burning calories.
- Meeting ID: 932-8634-2843
- Password – 86004
Video Accordion Closed
Our YouTube channel is updated regularly with new virtual group fitness classes. Check out some of our recently posted videos:
- ZUMBA Dance Fitness with Allison
- Lindy hop with Layne
- Jive with Layne
- Foxtrot with Layne
- Samba with Layne
- Charleston with Layne
- Footloose with Carly
- Zumba with Carly
- Lower body with Mary
- Lower body with Rose
- Foam rolling with Ben
- Towel workout with Ben
- Total Body Stretch with Layne
- Band workout with Sarah
- Upper body, no equipment with Mia
- Upper Body Strength with Mary
- EMOM with Sarah
- Resistance Bands with Ben
- Barre with Layne
- Upper body water bottle with Sarah
- Cool down routine with Allison
- 3 Minute workout with Allison
- Fighting workout with Sarah
- Swing Dance with Layne
- Total Body Cardio with Ben
- ZUMBA with Allison
- Total Body Cardio with Allison
- Bands with Sarah
- Cardio Blast with Mary
- Cardio with Alyssa
- HIIT with Sarah
- Strength with Mary
- Lower Body with Rose
- 2 minute cardio with Allison
- 2 minute legs with Allison
- 2 minute abs with Allison
- HIIT with Sarah
- Stretching with Rose
- Core with Ben
- Total Body with Mary
- Step Tabata with Alyssa
- POUND! with Allison
- Work your Abs with Alyssa
- Total Body with Ben
- Resistance bands with Mia
- 3 minute arms with Allison
- Upper Body with Sonny
- Core with Rose
- Zumba with Allison
- Lower body & Cardio with Ben
- Yoga with Taylor
- HIIT with Rose
- Lower Body & Core with Mia
Written Accordion Closed
Click the links below for a text based workout option.
- Are you a fan of sunshine or monsoons?
- Can you believe July is almost over?!
- Want to get outside? Come take an outdoor fitness class!
- Are you excited to come back to campus?!
- The Fall semester is getting closer!
- During stressful times, remember the positives!
- Help out your wellness with some sunshine!
- Go get some fresh air!
- What month is it now? June!
- Feel strong with a challenging plank workout.
- Feel those legs burn!
- No equipment? Here are some great Isometric exercises.
- Sundays best core will get you sweating fast.
- Connection Cardio is coming at you fast!
- Time to see the Brightside!
- What are you doing for the holiday?
- Summer is coming and it’s warming up!
- Today’s challenge is to get pumped!
- Mix things up with the 30 20 10 workout.
- Short on time? Try this Quick Cardio workout.
- Get ready for a Total Body workout.
- In support of National Raisin Day today’s challenge is Raisin.
- Today’s challenge is welcome The Summer.
- Today’s challenge is to Pass Your Finals.
- Using our Spell Your Name workout chart, spell Graduates three times fast!
- Hit the trails with these running tips.
- Pump up your upper body with this workout.
- Complete this Total Body workout with Alyssa to work up a sweat.
- Core galore with this workout from Zoe.
- Start your day with a killer leg workout!
- Use this simple upper body workout to keep strong while you’re crushing quarantine.
- Looking for a lower body workout? We’ve created a quick workout with pictures, check it out!
- Use our Spell Your Name workout chart to create your workout. For a tough one, spell “Louie the Lumberjack”.
Social Accordion Closed
Did you know Campus Recreation has an Instagram? Follow us @naucampusrec for daily recreation content. Our trainers will be posting exercise ideas and workouts on this platform as well!
Training Plans Accordion Closed
Interested in working towards a goal or having a new experience? Below we have some typical training plans listed:
- From Couch to 5K in 2 weeks