Your workout, your way
NAU Trainers are nationally certified and provide education, motivation, and guidance to help all clients achieve their goals. Each training experience will receive a personalized approach and exercise program that reflects your individualized fitness level and experience and includes fitness assessments, goal setting, proper workout techniques, and health education.
How to get started:
- Complete and submit a Client Intake Form to email@example.com
- Print and scan or pick one up at the Check-in Counter
- The Fitness Coordinator will respond to your intake forms within 2 business days.
- You may also choose your trainer or we will match you with one based on your goals and availability.
- Your assigned trainer will contact you to schedule a free consultation which will include:
- Discussion of goals and your new client paperwork
- What training package will best fit your needs.
- Purchasing of sessions may then be done at https://recreation.nau.edu/ –> Fitness
If you already know that Personal Training is right for you, you may immediately purchase your training packages. All training packages include a free consultation to discuss goals and paperwork.
Your first meeting with your trainer will also include a complimentary fitness assessment that includes body composition testing, blood pressure, heart rate, and muscular strength and endurance. Results are interpreted by your trainer to help personalize your training experience.
Personal training packages
Fitness Assessment Accordion Closed
Understand your current fitness level and track your progress toward your goals. Our trainers can help you assess:
- cardiorespiratory endurance
- muscular fitness
- flexibility and balance
- body composition
Your trainer will conduct the following assessments and review your results based upon standardized fitness classifications.
*Personal fitness assessments are limited to 1 per semester
For more information, please view our Fitness Assessment pricing.
Design Me a Workout Accordion Closed
(3 sessions with a Personal Trainer)
- Session#1– Complete a consultation and fitness assessment with your personal trainer to create your program based on your preferences and goals.
- Session#2– Your personal trainer uses this session to walk you through your personalized program. You will learn how to complete your program using the proper equipment settings and form.
- Session#3– You will complete your personalized program with your Personal Trainer, making sure you feel comfortable moving forward independently with your program.
*In order to purchase ‘Check-In Sessions’, a previous purchase of ‘Design Me A Workout- Initial Plan’ is required.
For maximum accountability, check-in sessions are designed to help keep you on track!
Work with your personal trainer to decide how often you should ‘check-in’ with them, to ensure you are meeting your fitness goals!
Check-in Sessions will depend on your personal fitness goals and can range from body fat testing to max repetition testing, to clarification on an exercise or ensuring proper form.
(2 sessions with a Personal Trainer)
*In order to purchase a ‘Progression Plan,’ a previous purchase of ‘Design Me a Workout – Initial Plan’ is required.
This is designed for the client that is ready for more!
Once you have determined that your Initial Plan is no longer suiting your needs, purchase the ‘Progression Plan’ and work with your trainer to develop a more advanced program!
*Design me a workout is limited to 1 per semester. You must purchase the “Initial plan” before buying “Check-in sessions” or “Progression plan”.
For more information, please view our Design Me a Workout pricing.
One-on-one training Accordion Closed
Working one-on-one with a personal trainer has a multitude of benefits. Most importantly, your trainer will personalize your exercise plan to reflect your objectives, fitness level, and experience. Our trainers can assist you with:
- cardiovascular fitness
- strength training
- sport-specific training
- stress relief
- weight management . . . & more!
For more information, please view our Hour & Half-hour session pricing.
Buddy & Small Group Training Accordion Closed
- To advance your fitness, sometimes you need a little boost. Buddy or Small Group training may be just what you need to bring your goals to fruition. This style of training is effective in realms of accountability and goal setting with peers.
- Buddy training is with one other individual. Small groups are made up of 3-6 individuals.
- All sessions are 60 minutes and Personal Training packets must be turned in together at time of payment.
- Small groups must register in person at the Recreation Center.
Pricing Accordion Closed
Campus Recreation strives to provide affordable one-on-one, buddy and small group training options for the NAU community. Prices are dependent upon student and recreation membership status. To learn more about our Personal Training package pricing, please visit the following page: Personal Training Prices.
How To Purchase Accordion Closed
- Purchase your Training Sessions or Fitness Assessment online, or at the front desk of the Recreation Center within the Health and Learning Center (Bldg. 25).
- Fill out your Personal Training Packet and bring it to the Recreation Center front desk within 48 hours after purchase. Copies available at the front desk.
Cancellation Policy Accordion Closed
- Sessions that begin late will end as scheduled; arrival 15+ minutes late without notice will result in the loss of session without refund.
- Client-requested schedule changes or cancellations require 12-hour advance notice from client to trainer. Failure to do so will result in the loss of session without refund.
Expiration Policy Accordion Closed
Personal Training packages expire within the following weeks per sessions.
- Assessment: 4 weeks
- 3 sessions: 3 weeks
- 6 sessions: 6 weeks
- 12 sessions: 12 weeks
- 18 sessions: 18 weeks
- 24 sessions: 24 weeks