Campus Recreation Outdoor Facilities are primarily utilized by Campus Recreation Competitive and Recreational Sports. NAU students and Rec Center members can access the fields for informal play. See below to reserve this space for your next event, camp or social.
South Field Complex
- The South Campus Recreation Complex was opened in fall 2009, and features two fully lit artificial turf fields to accommodate soccer, lacrosse, rugby, flag football, softball, and open recreation. The complex also features:
- Two sand volleyball courts that are located adjacent to the lower turf fields.
- An 18-hole disc golf course adjacent to the fields. The start of the course can be located on the east side of parking lot P62.
- The complex is located in the south portion of NAU’s campus, on the corner of Pine Knoll Drive and South Huffer Lane
Observatory Field Complex
- The Observatory Field Complex was opened in spring 2014, was opened in spring 2014, and features a natural grass and artificial turf field to accommodate soccer, ultimate frisbee, quidditch, and open recreation.
- The complex is located in the central portion of NAU’s campus, on the corner of University Drive and South San Francisco Street
- The ATC Field was opened in spring 2017, and features one natural grass surface to accommodate soccer, ultimate frisbee, quidditch, and open recreation.
- The field is located at the North end of Campus adjacent to the Aquatics and Tennis Complex at the corner of Franklin and San Francisco Street.
Outdoor Recreation Facilities policies
Please be aware of and respect posted signs, policies, and instructions from NAU Staff. View our policies.