Campus Recreation Outdoor Facilities are primarily utilized by Campus Recreation Competitive and Recreational Sports. NAU students and Rec Center members can access the fields for informal play. See below to reserve this space for your next event, camp or social.
South Campus Recreation Complex
- The South Campus Recreation Complex was opened in fall 2009, and features two fully lit artificial turf fields to accommodate soccer, lacrosse, rugby, flag football, softball, and open recreation. The complex also features two sand volleyball courts, an 18-hole disc golf course, and a covered picnic area with water and restrooms.
- The complex is located in the south portion of NAU’s campus, on the corner of Pine Knoll Drive and South Huffer Lane
Observatory Field Complex
- The Observatory Field Complex was opened in spring 2014, and features two natural grass surfaces to accommodate soccer, ultimate frisbee, quidditch, and open recreation.
- The complex is located in the central portion of NAU’s campus, on the corner of University Drive and South San Francisco Street
- The ATC Field was opened in spring 2017, and features one natural grass surface to accommodate soccer, ultimate frisbee, quidditch, and open recreation.
- The field is located at the North end of Campus adjacent to the Aquatics and Tennis Complex at the corner of Franklin and San Francisco Street.
Outdoor Recreation Facilities policies
Please be aware of and respect posted signs, policies, and instructions from NAU Staff. You may view our policies.