Mike Lemon Memorial Scholarship Application
Awarded financial assistance is for participation in Wall Aquatic Center sponsored programs such as Learn-to-Swim, Summer Youth Program (portion attributable to Aquatics), etc. or to train Wall Aquatic Center staff and volunteers in aquatic sports management. Financial support preference will be given for Flagstaff Public School children.
- Applicants should complete a program registration form to ensure placement into the desired program.
- Program registration for Summer Youth Programs must be paid in full at the time of registration. Awards will be dispersed to the parent upon program completion.
- Program registration for Learn-to-Swim classes can be deferred up to the amount awarded. Award letter will need to be presented at the time of registration. The difference between the fee amount and the award amount must be paid at the time of registration. Registration with deferred fees can only be made in person at the Aquatic Center front desk. Reimbursement for deferred fees will be paid by the scholarship fund directly to Campus Recreation Services.
- Program registration fees for WAC staff continuing education can be deferred up to the amount awarded. Application will be responsible for all fees that must be paid directly to the American Red Cross. Award letter will need to be presented at the time of registration. Registration with deferred fees can only be made in person at the Aquatic Center front desk.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on fund availability, number of applicants and financial need.
- All applications will be reviewed by a scholarship selection committee. The amount of available annual scholarship money awarded is at the discretion of the committee.
- Financial need is not a determining factor for this scholarship program.