Intramural Sports is a program designed to offer a variety of competitive and recreational sporting opportunities to all NAU Students, Faculty/Staff, and Alumni! We offer of 30 different opportunities to participate in individual or team sports, as well as various other special events and tournaments. We strive to accommodate the interests of the entire NAU community!
The Intramural Sports program is offering leagues February through April from Flag Football, Outdoor Soccer, Spikeball, Cornhole, Disc Golf and Dodgeball! Create a team or register as a Free Agent on IMLeagues from 2/8 to 2/17 to get signed up. Purchase of a Semester or Academic Year Unlimited Play Pass is required during the registration process. If you have questions, email email@example.com. We hope to see you out there!
Each Intramural Sports Champion will receive an Intramural Sports Championship T-Shirt! We offer leagues for women, men, and co-recreational teams. Whether you want to compete with high caliber Intramural Sports Athletes or you want to play for fun or even try a new sport, we have what you are looking for! We also offer various one-day tournaments and events throughout the year. For a full listing of Intramural Sports offerings, visit IMLeagues!
How to get involved Accordion Closed
Intramural Sports is offered to all NAU Students, Faculty, Staff, and Alumni! Signing up, registering, and staying up to date on schedules and events is simple! Follow these steps to get started:
- Visit IMLeagues
- Click “Create Account” in the top right corner
- Be sure to find Northern Arizona University in the drop down menu titled “Select School/Organization”
- Fill out the information and use your NAU email address and click “Create Account” at the bottom – If you already have an account then you just need to login
- Select the sport you would like to play during the open registration period.
- Choose the day of the week that you wish to play on and select to “Create Team” or you can join as a “Free Agent”
- Fill out the information to finish the process
Payments Accordion Closed
Intramural Sports Play Passes are required to participate in any of our intramural sports leagues, tournaments, or events. Play Passes will not be prorated, are non-refundable, and non-transferable. There are various Play Passes available for purchase through IMLeagues. After paying for your Play Passes, when prompted, simply click the button that says “Use Package to Pay”
Current Play Pass rates: Accordion Closed
$20: Fall 2020 unlimited Play Pass – Gets you access to all Intramural Sports leagues, tournaments, and events occurring during the fall semester.
$20: Spring 2021 unlimited Play Pass – Gets you access to all Intramural Sports leagues, tournaments, and events occurring during the academic year.
$30: 2020 – 2021 Academic year unlimited Play Pass – Gets you access to all Intramural Sports leagues, tournaments, and events occurring during the academic year.
$50: 2020-2021 NAU Alumni unlimited Play Pass – Gets you access to all Intramural Sports leagues, tournaments, and events occurring during the academic year.
$5: Single event Play Pass- Gets you access to a single Intramural Sports One-Day Tournament or Special Event (examples include: cornhole, billiards, disc golf, etc.)
Team captains and participants Accordion Closed
Team captains are responsible for the following:
- Reading the Intramural Sports Handbook.
- Encouraging all participants and team members to become familiar with the Intramural Sports Handbook.
- Registering teams prior to the registration deadline.
- Keeping team members up to date with Intramural Sports schedules, events, and changes.
- Verifying the eligibility of the players on their own team and the eligibility of players on the opponents team.
- Watching the Captain’s meeting webinar in IMLeagues.
- A full list of responsibilities is outlined in the Intramural Sports Handbook.
Teams will be responsible for the following:
- Having met the roster requirements prior to the registration deadline- Teams will not be scheduled without a verified roster
- Each participant must have an IMLeagues Profile and purchased a Play Pass through IMLeagues.
- All participants must check-in with an Intramural Sports Supervisor prior to playing in their contest. A government issued photo ID (JacksCard) must be presented for each game/contest
- Individuals not listed on a roster must show verification of registration before they can participate
- All teams must wear similar colored uniforms with a permanent number (Numbers drawn on with a marker are accepted)
Employment opportunities Accordion Closed
Intramural Sports offers NAU Students the opportunity to join our team of Sports Officials and Supervisors! Our student staff members are the core of our program! They are essential to providing a safe and positive experience for all of our participants. We strive to focus on the development of skills and knowledge for all of our student employees. There are various opportunities to get involved in a wide variety of sports and you can take this experience as far as you would like! For all available staff openings, please visit NAU Handshake and search for Intramural Sports.