Climbing Wall FAQ
What to expect
Who can use the climbing wall? Accordion Closed
- All Northern Arizona University students, Campus Recreation members, and member guests may access the climbing wall free of charge during open climb hours.
- You can purchase a non-member pass at the front desk of the Recreation Center when sponsored by a member.
- Participation in clinics and programs such as family day, as well as climbing competitions is available to HLC non-members without sponsorship.
- Anyone may rent the climbing wall for a private event.
First time visiting our wall? Learn more! Accordion Closed
We encourage Northern Arizona University students, staff, faculty, and community with all levels of climbing experience and ability to drop by the wall during open hours. No appointment is necessary, but allow yourself at least 40 minutes for your first visit.
Simply check in at the desk by the climbing wall where our friendly staff will:
- give you a blank Liability Waiver to complete. It is mandatory that we have a complete form for each individual who enters the climbing area. Minors will need to provide a form signed by a parent or guardian
- provide you with a facility orientation
- teach you how to check out and use climbing gear
- provide information on how to continue with the sport of climbing
When can I climb? Accordion Closed
|Open climb hours:|
|Monday & Wednesday||11:00 am - 1:00 pm
3:30 pm - 9:00 pm
|Tuesday & Thursday||12:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Friday||3:30 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||11:00 am - 3:00 pm|
What should I bring? Accordion Closed
We provide climbers with harnesses, shoes, ropes, and belay devices (if you are certified to use them) free of charge.
If you are borrowing shoes, please bring socks. They are required.
You are welcome to bring and use your own shoes, harnesses, belay devices, and chalk bags. However, staff have the authority to deem gear inappropriate for use at the climbing wall.