Campus Recreation values the student employment experience for career development. Our department is committed to the hiring students using the Handshake employment database. For any questions regarding employment visit NAU Career Development.
Student Accounting Assistant Accordion Closed
- Performs varied financial and administrative duties of moderate level of difficulty and complexity in support of the department’s financial processes and policies.
- Handles security sensitive information according to supervisor’s guidelines.
- Expected to prioritize tasks, and exercise independent judgement and initiative with moderate supervision.
- Typical duties managing CRFinance email, establishing and maintaining files and records, running financial reports and reconciling invoices, check requests, and transfers on the back end.
- Assists with department budgets and reports as requested by Campus Recreation leadership.
- Must be a current NAU student taking 15 undergraduate or 5 graduate credit hours, and maintain a 2.8 Grade Point Average.
- Financial and/or Accounting background and/or Major 1 yr
- Experience using Excel
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- 1-yr cashier at Campus Recreation or Wall Aquatic Center
- Data entry experience
- Cashier/cash-handling experience
- Dependable and responsible, with attention to detail
- Able to interact appropriately and professionally with all levels of the organization
- Experience creating inclusive environments and working with diverse populations
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Campus Recreation programs and services
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally must aid or assist participants.
About NAU Campus Recreation
Rec With Altitude
Campus Recreation Department for Northern Arizona University