Submission deadline is October, 30, 2020
Course fee submissions must be completed by October 30, 2020 to maintain current course fees or request new fees for academic year 2021-2022. Each course fee request requires an expense inventory, course fee audit worksheet, local approvals, and submission into the NAU Course Fees system in Peoplesoft. Please see sidebars for all tools, forms, and guides.
Deadlines Accordion Closed
|September 15, 2020||Expense inventories and worksheets sent for chair/director approvals.|
|October 1, 2020||All worksheets should be delivered to unit submitter.|
|October 30, 2020||All submissions complete (no exceptions).|
|November 30, 2020||Any necessary revisions or corrections are completed.|
Timelines Accordion Closed
|December 31||University Committee approvals are complete (denials at this stage are final).|
|January 29||Pending ABOR approvals are posted in the system.|
|February||Students can see pending data in class information.|
|April||ABOR approvals are complete (denials at this stage are final).|
|April/May||Approvals are activated.|
|June||Tuition calculation and billing incorporate the new fee amounts.|
Fee Proposals Accordion Closed
NAU strives to keep our cost of attendance as low as possible to promote high levels of access for our students. Faculty and administrators involved in fee requests are expected to review important considerations before submitting fee proposals to enable us to meet this goal.
- Fee impact on students: All required fees, including but not limited to mandatory, program, and course fees, have been identified to determine impact of a fee increase on effected students.
- Tuition and fee information (listed by term and campus (to see fee breakdown, select a term and expand Fee Detail): in.nau.edu/sdas/tuition-fees/
- Additional fee descriptions, providing descriptions of mandatory fees and additional fees: in.nau.edu/sdas/additional-fee-descriptions/
- Program fee information: nau.edu/university-policy-library/degree-program-fees/
- Course fee information by department/college, listing all course fees in a prefix, department, or college: in.nau.edu/its/enterprise-reporting/ under Louie->Student Reports->Course Management->NAU Course Fees->Master Fees (1214 forward)
- Course fee impact, identifying plans requiring the course and total of current required fees associated with those plans along with program fees: in.nau.edu/its/enterprise-reporting/ under Louie->Student Reports->Course Management->NAU Course Fees->Fee Impact
- Benefit to students: Necessity of additional student cost has been validated and contributes to student benefit/success.
- Alternative funding considered: Other funding options have been explored and exploration confirms a fee as the most fitting funding mechanism.
- Student feedback: A communication plan has been developed to attain the appropriate student feedback for mandatory or program fee proposals.
- Simplification and elimination of fees: Program fee proposals must consider eliminating or decreasing existing course fees.
Flow Accordion Closed
ABOR Links Accordion Closed
Continue to check this page as provide more information.
Please note that planning timeframes are a year in advance of the March 1 submission deadline. March submission ensures an April ABOR review and, if approved, a subsequent Fall implementation or start.
|Timelines and Deadlines||Tasks|
|January - April||Planning, initial budget, peer comparison, & student input*|
|May 1||Finalized budget|
|November||Dean informs Provost of intent to submit|
|December & January||Finalize forms and documentation|
|February 1||Submit forms and documentation to Provost|
|March 1||ABOR forms finalized by Provost|
|April & May||ABOR approvals are entered in NAU system|
|June||Tuition calculation and billing incorporate new program fees|
* Student input is mandatory for any program fee requests.
Please see the “Obtaining Student Input” form in the “Tools” section of this webpage.
Other mandatory fees gather student input according to the following timeline.
|January||Initial presentations to ASNAU Executive Team and Graduate Student Government (GSG) for discussion and feedback|
|February/March||Initial Presentation to ASNAU Senate for feedback and discussion; presentation to GSG for feedback and discussion|
|March||Tuition and Fees Discussion Forums and Meetings with student organization leaders – hosted by the President, CFO, Provost and VP for Student Affairs|
|March||Final presentations and Q&A with ASNAU Senate|
|March||Vote by ASNAU and GSG|
|Tuition Hearing||Tuition hearing hosted by ABOR|