Note: All applicants must consent to and pass a background investigation before a hiring decision is made.
Interested in working with diverse students in an educational setting? The summer Academy is a four-week pre-college preparation program held every summer. This summer’s academic institute is from Tuesday, May 28, 2019 to Sunday, June 30 2019.
Located on the Northern Arizona University campus in Flagstaff, Arizona the Upward Bound/Upward Bound Math-Science programs serve a diverse group of high school students from communities throughout Northern Arizona.
Residential Manager (RM)
Upward Bound/Upward Bound Math-Science is seeking to fill 2 Residential Manager (RM) positions for the 2019 Academy.
- Manage the residential experience and create a unified living and learning environment for an academic summer program for 110 diverse, low-income, first generation high school students
- Supervise, train and evaluate a student staff up to 12 residential staff
- Assist UB/UBMS staff with planning and implementing an eight training course for residential training staff
- Assist in the development and implementation of daily social and recreational activities
- Work with Student Affairs, Upward Bound, and Upward Bound Math – Science staff
Qualifications for Residential Managers:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or enrolled in a graduate program.
- One year professional residence hall experience or equivalent combination of related experiences training and/or education.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have worked with adolescents and can relate to people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Possess a valid U.S. Driver’s Licence (preferred)
Compensation: $3,500 stipend (paychecks disbursed bi-weekly), campus housing (single room in Academy residence hall), 14 meal plan and $100 Dining dollars.
Application deadline for RM positions: Sunday, November 25, 2018 at midnight.
Summer Leader (SL)
Upward Bound/Upward Bound Math-Science is seeking to fill 12 Summer Leader (SL) positions for the 2018 Academy.
- Plan and facilitate programming activities for the participants of The Academy
- Provide direct supervision to students.
- Enforce compliance of residence hall rules.
- Assisting in the tutoring process.
Qualifications for Summer Leaders:
- Must have completed at least one year of college. Preference will be given to those applicants who have completed at least two years of college.
- Have a 2.50 GPA
- Experience working with underrepresented youth in an educational setting preferred.
Compensation: $2500 salary, campus housing (single room in Academy residence hall), 14 meal plan and $100 Dining dollars.
Application deadline for SL positions: Sunday, November 25, 2018 at midnight.