The Human Resources Advertising team conducts employment advertising for classified staff, service professional, faculty positions, and part-time positions. Advertising is available in various newspaper publications, magazines, and web sites.
HR Advertising representatives are available to work within department budgets to publish job openings in selected publications. The representative serves as the contact for both the department and the publication(s) chosen.
Automatic advertisement postings Tab Open
Place an advertisement Tab Closed
Deadlines and rates Tab Closed
Automatic advertisement postings Accordion Open
All active job postings from the NAU HR Careers page will automatically be posted to LinkedIn and Inside Higher Education. Service Professional positions will be posted to The Chronicle of Higher Education. Faculty and Administrative positions will be posted to The Black PhD Network and The American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education. Education-focused positions will be posted to Stanford EdCareers. These automatic postings are free. If you would like to post a position that is not automatically posted to any of these websites please contact email@example.com. Please explore other publications and areas where you might like to advertise with your Talent Acquisition Coordinator.
Place an advertisement Accordion Closed
To place an ad, follow these guidelines:
- Once an ePOST is initiated, has the proper approvals, and is approved by Human Resources, the job vacancy announcement will be placed on the Careers website. To make changes to the job vacancy announcement, contact your Human Resources analyst directly.
- If you have decide you want to advertise and in which publication you would like to advertise, complete, and submit a request for advertisement through the online advertising request form.
- After you submit the form, an advertising representative will contact you to verify the department’s advertising needs.
- The advertising representatives will send a proof to you. It is important that you review the ad and respond to the advertising representatives by the deadline listed in the e-mail or your ad will not be advertised. The advertising representatives will make any changes that you request and then send the ad to the desired publication. The desired publication then processes the ad and sends the advertising representative a proof and a price quote. The advertising representatives will e-mail the price quote to you asking for final approval. Respond by the deadline listed.
- The deadlines are given so that your ad can be placed in the publications that you have requested and be able to meet the publication’s deadlines. If you do not respond by the deadline, we will not be able to place your ad for you. If you know in advance that you will be in meetings and/or gone during these critical deadline times, it is imperative that you designate someone to assist the advertising representatives. This helps ensure that your ad will be advertised correctly.
- Before the ad is run the advertising representative will need your approval of the advertisement and the pricing for your chosen publications.
- The advertising representative will pay for all ads with a pcard, then charge your department back through an IST.
Deadlines and rates Accordion Closed
The draft advertisement and pricing must be approved by the set deadline.
In the event of holidays, deadlines are frequently pushed up to one week in advance. Department will be notified of any changes and approval will be requested.