Tips About Recycling on Campus
Tips for recycling on campus
- Keep it clean and dry—separate wet waste and food waste from recyclables.
- Look for the recycling symbol on bins.
Residence hall recycling
- Separate recyclables from trash in the bins provided in your residence hall room.
- Deposit clean recyclable materials in outdoor recycling dumpsters.
- Trash needs to be put in the marked “trash” dumpsters located directly outside of the halls.
- Instead of buying trash bags, line your bins with used shopping bags.
Administrative and academic building recycling
- Please put your recyclables in marked recycling bins.
- Deposit wet wastes and non-recyclable materials in a central waste repository on your floor’s lounge or in bathroom trash containers.
- Custodial crews collect recyclables from your office or classroom and bag this material for the recycling dumpster.